Next classes that start November 22, 2015. Dropins welcome if we have space. Classes run from a few minutes to an hour or two. Pieces can be picked up next day or mailed for a fee.
Minimum of 4 students per class session. Contact us through email then sign up for a class. : email@example.com Class listings are below. No experience necessary for most classes. More than one class per day can be arranged.
Adults beginner class is #4
What to bring/wear to
- All clothing must be cotton
- Long pants (No shorts will be allowed)
shoes(i.e. tennis shoes)
- Long-sleeved cotton shirt Optional– no billowy sleeves
- Hat or headband
- Long hair should be pulled back securely
GOOD FOR KIDS AND BEGINNERS:
1.Child Glassmaking Class #1: Paperweight: Ages 5 -11 Experience the heat of the hot furnace, reaching in to gather glass, roll the glass in color, reheat in the glory hole, then place the molten glass into a form to create a beautiful paperweight. $20
2. Kids Glassmaking Class #2: Hearts: Ages 5 -11
3.Kids Mold Making Floral or Fish Paperweight
Adult Classes: GOOD FOR BEGINNERS AND OLDER KIDS:
4. Glass Sculpturing 1: Learning to center the glass and have more control. Experience the heat of the
furnace(2200 degrees), gather hot glass, marver(shape) the glass, gather glass again, then stretch, shape and pull the glass as instructed to form1 or more glass flower sculptures. $35.00
5.Glass Sculpturing 2/Colored glass Ages 13+
Class as above using colored glass. flower sculptures (must have taken the previous class)
$45 per person
Beginner Classes Teens/Adults Much more difficult:
6. Free form Paperweight Making 1 : Pre requisite previous sculpting classes #4 and #5:(Working by yourself with instructor) An introduction to techniques and skills such as gathering, centering, jacking, blocking, and marvering along with instruction in proper shop etiquette and use of tools.
Experience the heat of the furnace (2200 degrees), gathering molton glass,
learnto marver (shape) the glass, then formthe glass into a ball at the end of the stainless steel rodto form your own paperweight.
- An introduction to glassblowing
machines, tools of the trade and proper shopetiquette Createand keep your paperweight: (results may vary)
7.Paperweight Making 2: 1 + hrs
As above using color $80 for paperweights
Prerequisites for the Glassblowing Class **
You must be able to
completethe following tasks before taking the Glassblowing I Class. These skills may be acquired in Beginner #1 and #1 Paperweight Classes.
- Take a clean gather of glass from the furnaceP1120333.JPG (310827)P1120337.JPG (262076)
- Marver or newspaper
- Use of Jacks
- Proper Heat Flashes
- Work with no gloves
- Center the piece on the pipe
- Break off the piece from the pipe
8.1/2 Day Class: 4 1/2 hours (Approximately) Do Sculpture 1 and 2 and Paperweights 1 and 2 classes with the instructor. Spend 4 1/2 hours working on the above named classes learning how to prepare for actual glassblowing. 1-2 students per session. $225.00 Times and days to be arranged.
9.Glassblowing 1: Pre-requisite Glassblowing Paperweights
10. Glassblowing2: More work in the studio working on the skills learned to create your choice of glass objects. $50 per hour. To be arranged.
11. Private lessons: Additional instruction in particular skills . Arrange.
- An introduction to glassblowing